Wednesday, April 29, 2015

1571 April Sunrise Singleton

Now for something completely different...The view from our shore actually lends itself to a long and narrow canvas. I just happened to have such a piece of panel and decided to use it rather than waste it. I do not discard anything that might be useful and I don't think I am a hoarder - but maybe that is the main symptom of being a hoarder. I hope someone likes this effort. I used a lot of paint.
The rising sun was still at a low angle. The forest on the south side of Singleton Lake was still casting a long shadow on the west shore. At this time of day the changes in the lighting are lightning fast and it is almost impossible to keep up with nature.
This painting is paired with #1573 "Stratus Day Singleton".
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/april-sunrise-singleton-phil-chadwick.html

No comments: