Saturday, January 17, 2015

658 Filtered Light

Another blast from the past...
This is looking into the forest immediately to the southwest of the barn. It was about 10 am when I locked in the light and the shadows across the snow. It snowed on and off and the snow stuck to the paint and my palette. The snow mixed with the paint on the palette making it "oat mealy". I liked the effect so I continued on. The nuthatches and chickadees were really talking throughout the painting. The family Chesapeake came along as well and kept busy barking at bunnies.
I tried not to overwork the painting.. It was virtually done when I left the forest. I just had to sign my name which was tricky in the thick wet paint already on the canvas. The title came to me because of the light filtering through the spruce forest. The title sounds a bit like an ad for a cigarette.
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/filtered-light-phil-chadwick.html
http://fineartamerica.com/blogs/658-filtered-light.html

No comments: