Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Morning Light

It was a beautiful morning. The sun felt really nice on my back with some front lit, scattered rows of altocumulus in the northwest sky. The westerly wind was fairly brisk and cool but that was more than offset by the sun.

I knew that a cold front was due to cross the lake during the evening but I didn't expect the overcast deck of nimbostratus so soon. I lost my light and it was replaced by rain. There is nothing like the weather to hurry a plein air painter along. Fortunately I had laid in the colours before the cloud had completely obscured the sky. I was most interested in the colours of the different varieties of trees and how the light poked through the forest canopy. I was done before the rain pushed me inside where I signed my name.

No comments: