Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Showers

A cold frontal band of showers was lined up through Ottawa headed slowly southward. I had some time to paint before the front arrived and I thought I would paint the warm sector clouds. The cumulus were very heavy with moisture and shaped by the northwesterly winds which helps to explain why the frontal push was very minimal. I had no problem finishing the painting before the showers arrived. There were lots of boats out fishing for bass. I put one of them in the painting. They were fishing the prime spot on the edge of a ledge and drop off.

A stinkpot turtle came by to lay her eggs. She was probably one of the two stink pot turtles that I rescued from the highway near Delta. Linda and I watched and waited while she picked the perfect spot to lay her eggs. I had a protective cover ready.

No comments: