Monday, May 27, 2013

Windy Day

I looked at the radar and decided that even though the numerical weather forecasts blanketed the region in convection and precipitation, that I still had time to paint. I headed out to the front yard. It was very windy and I had to use a brick to hold down the easel.

The weather and clouds are always an inspiration. The line of thunderstorms approaching from the northwest would also be a good subject. This view is looking more northerly across the bay. An initial line of convection intensified as it crossed the lake but didn't drop any rain on my canvas. The wind kept the biting insects away. I used lots of paint!

The Canada geese and goslings watched me paint and only dove for cover when a hawk came by. A northern map turtle finished laying her eggs nearby so I protected them with a plastic grate. Painting outside surrounded by inspiration is always interesting.

No comments: