Sunday, February 26, 2012

Long Reach Gray Day

It was a gray day at Singleton Lake. The temperature was near zero and the falling snow was wet - wet enough that my canvas would get wet as well. No oil can stick to a wet canvas. I was most interested in capturing the colours of the waters of Long Reach outside the window. I also like the curve of the snow covered granite and as always, the white pines reaching into the sky. My brushes were causing me some grief... time to go shopping!

This body of water is called everything from the Lyndhurst River, the Gananoque River or Long Reach. The water really flows through Jim Day Rapids but there are no rapids where this stretch of water connects to what is confirmed to be Long Reach and part of Red Horse Lake. As a result, I think it only right to call it Long Reach...

No comments: