Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Northern Light: The Enduring Mystery of Tom Thomson and the Woman Who Loved Him"

My Friend Roy MacGregor is just finishing the final edits on his study of Tom Thomson. "Northern Light: The Enduring Mystery of Tom Thomson and the Woman Who Loved Him". Random House will publish it in September. Roy and I agree that there is not as much mystery as one might think. When one removes the silly, implausible, invented fabrications, the simpler truth remains. I was very pleased to help out where I could. CSI (Creative Scene Investigation) is a powerful tool. It is a really great read and my only wish is that the really long version could go into print... There are some facts that will finally set the record straight and certainly surprise a lot of TT enthusiasts! Good for you Roy...



This is the cover... It shows Tom circa 1915-1916 working on a trout spoon. Tom always thought that he was a better fisherman than an artist.

No comments: